Sunday, February 06, 2005

I hope I'm old before I die...


Youth is wasted on the young. I'm sure most people beyond the age of thirty-five would agree with that statement.

A friend of one of my relatives is just such a ‘yoof’. But unfortunately for him, his own youth his wasted on him.

He is in a mad rush to get all grow’d up so he can do grow’d up stuff.

Once he gets to where he wants, he’ll wish he’d taken his time about the getting there.

And the saddest thing about this whole thing is, he’s a smart kid, but he needs to be seen as the guy making all of the first moves. Which invariably means making all of the biggest mistakes before anyone else.

By the time he’s got there, he won’t have the sense left in him to know how to regret making the mistakes he’ll make along the way.

Maybe it’s as well that way...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sray said...

So true! When I was young, I used to argue with my parents because of the restrictions they put on me. But now I long for those days, days without worries, without much work, and free food and lodging :-).

6:48 am  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

Isn't there a Rod Stewart song with the lyric: I wish I knew ten what I know now?

I'm told I don't look my age.

...

Or is it that I don't act my age?

Can never remember...

9:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home