Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I 'blog, therefor I am


If you build, they will come. And a sound idea it is, too!

So I build my 'blog. I make my 'blog my own.

I work hard to be topical and I remain objective when required and get all uperty when the mood takes me.

And if at all possible, entertaining. But that's for you guys to decide, not me.

I nurture my 'blog and make [most of] my regulars feel at ease and welcome.

I also value their / your opinions, so long as their / your opinions have a low noise to signal ratio.

I'm sure there are those who lurk in the dark, pixelated shadows. Reading, absorbing but never commenting.

In an attempt to draw them / you into the digital lens-flare of light, I shall say: come one, come all!

I'm fortunate enough to have a broad, eclectic and geographically diverse readership, of which I'm very proud.

So, this isn't me signing off, as was the interpretation by one of our number. This is instead, a continued thanks to all of you that choose to spend your valuable time here on this 'blog.

Also, this is a chance for me to be a little self-indulgent and dig up some of my more memorable articles, if only to give them a bit of an airing.

Those that count themselves as regulars to this 'blog will have a pretty good grasp of me. I have opinions, and I make them known.

If you're easily offended by ways of thinking that veer from the accepted sociopolitical dogma, well .. I make no apologies for some of the articles you may read:

An argument for the death penalty: A matter of life or death

Man as child and technology as a bridgehead to lands both fair & foul: Are we learning yet?

Insincerity, crass humour and damn good PR: The people versus humour...

Telephonic chaos, piss-poor support and angst on a land-line: Oh ohh, telephone line...

Recently unearthed, a personal best rant, worth a squint: Political correctness: a growing evil?

An argument for euthanasia: A matter of life & death

Fox hunting is just wrong, OK! Crazy like a fox

The title sez it all: An Englishman's home is his castle, right?

Read. Enjoy. Be enlightened / enraged / fascinated / disgusted. But above all, make your opinions known...

6 Comments:

Blogger Sray said...

Psychologists have just started studying cases where people have gone bonkers without their daily dose of internet/blogging/email.

I for one cannot do without reading a/writing my blog everyday. I wonder....

10:03 am  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

You may have noticed, but I'm getting a fairly regular readership, so there's a lot to be done to keep on top of things and reply.

The whole 'blogging thing is taking a good two to three hours of my day .. and no one is paying me for it, either!

But the same could be said of those that're replying, also...

10:10 am  
Blogger Onkroes said...

"and no one is paying me for it, either!"

Well actually I take time out of my working day for it, so technically I guess they are paying me!

But since I work on average about 12 hours a day, not including on average about 2 hours travelling per day, and I don't get paid overtime (beyond 8 hours) or travel time - they're getting their damn money's worth!

Oh and I read your previous post, the personal profile one, and it's frighteningly similar to me! (except I'm not as tall or as fit).

10:36 am  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

"Oh and I read your previous post, the personal profile one, and it's frighteningly similar to me! (except I'm not as tall or as fit)."

Or as young.

Can't have everything, eh?

;-p

10:41 am  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

"Hey a bit of shameless selfpromotion never does anyone any harm hey?"

And I'm more shameless than most...

I'm still not sure about this Blog thing ... it does sometimes get rather addictive."

So what's your problem?

You've got nothing else better to do, so stop moaning and get on with it...

;-)

11:38 am  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

Yes, you're right!

I didn't mean it to sound like that. I meant something else.

Anyway, rather than fart-arse around with the wording, i've just deleted it instead!

Of course your right, or I wouldn't have the success that I have now...

7:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home