Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Things that really .. really piss me off: part VIII


As I emerge from the newly-hewn path at the foot of the woods, I catch a drift of that distinctive odour.

Further on a ride until I come to the pond at the far corner of the wood. I round the old mine ventilation shaft and there they are, a man & woman huddling together lighting cigarettes, shielding themselves from the bracing cold wind.

I cycle past and into a cloud of filthy smoke billowing around them.

By this point, I was pretty fuckin' mad.

I was in two minds as to whether to pull over and berate the pair of them.

I'm a mile or so from the nearest house or road and I still have to put up with these dirty bastards wandering about, flicking their spent matches and fag ends all over the place.

That really, really pisses me off...

3 Comments:

Blogger broomhilda said...

You know, I'm a smoker (not for much longer), but It pisses me off when people throw their butts all over the place. Come on, field strip em, and put the filter in your pocket until you find a garbage can. Spent matches as well for crying out loud! They give those of us who respect nature and others a bad name.

5:53 pm  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

You expect it walking into your local shop / store, with all of the teenagers hanging around like bad farts, smelling of cheap [chewing]gum and cigarettes.

You expect that .. but when I'm out on my bike slogging through sludge in the middle of nowhere?

Eh?!

Who are these people kidding? They think that by going for a quick leg-stretch the exercise will help off-set the smoking, plus the rest of the night sat in front of the telly doing little else than walking from living room to kitchen / living room to toilet / living room to bed room?

Man, that pisses me off something rotten...

6:07 pm  
Blogger wise donkey said...

:) u r not the only one.
and worse when i see them smokin around kids.

11:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home