Thursday, May 26, 2005

Me, me, me .. you, you, you!


We're all selfish.

Don't agree?

Tough .. you are, whether you like it or not.


Put simply, some living organism must die so that you might live.

And no, vegetarianism doesn't buy you out of this argument.

Just because a pan full of lentils or a cabbage, or sprouting green broccoli doesn't squeal or scream when slaughtered for the plate doesn't mean that death is somehow less inhumane.

The very first thing you did in life was an act of wanton selfishness.

In that viscous soup of spermatozoa shot into the warm folds of life-giving tissue, you fought off your siblings to be the one to take the grand prize.

And what of your contenders?

They died.

Ultimately, you are selfish.

There are no rules that bind you towards sharing & caring. We do these things not for the feeling of enormous well-being, we do these things because we have calculated that in all likelihood, our acts of kindness will be reciprocated.

Now that's not just selfish, it's down right cunning.

You're selfish .. live with it. Accept it. You'll feel much better...

3 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

Oh I came to a zen like understanding with myself a long while ago about this. Infact because I have one in-law who has tipped over the edge of normality in the name of her chosen religion, I often bring this up as an example of how flawed her chosen path is.

1:31 am  
Blogger zuzula said...

It's all about me baby!

bothered? ;)

1:50 pm  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

What, me bothered about you?

Pah!

Feh!

2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home