Thursday, June 23, 2005

Food, infections, high temperatures, low work rates and clear blue skies...


Today is proving to be mercilessly hot.

I'm a bit like a big engine in that I don't respond well to heat.

I much prefer the cold. I start better that way.

That said, going for a jog last night was a major sweat-breaker.


Dad and me are having an out-door barbecue, with lots of dead animal flesh and dead plant matter.

However, there will be no beer for me. On the rare occasions I do get ill, I don't do it by halves.

I have a pretty nasty throat infection common to now extinct prehistoric animals .. or something.

The voracious collective of virii are happily working their merry way around much of my head, which is nice of them.

Not to be beaten, I will continue as usual until my otherwise impressive if at times diesel-like immune system gives them what for...

6 Comments:

Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Heat makes me melt; my brain anyway. I feel awful for the fact that you are not only sick, but sick in that heat! It perplexes me why a big engine would go jogging in said heat... {will I ever understand men?}

I think I might skip barbecues with signs posting the name of the 'dead matter' in each container. You do have an interesting way of looking at things.

My plan is to make vodoo dolls of each individual virus... we can't have you becoming extinct now, can we? Feel better!

9:34 pm  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

Hi Livewire!

Since I got the use of my left ankle back, I've been keen to get out and jog.

I can't really break the regimen of exercise just because it's hot. But I do wait until things have cooled off a little.

That said, it was still pretty hot.

Last night on my bike was even worse...

8:55 am  
Blogger Sray said...

Ah.. perhaps the impending shutting down of the gulf stream (sadly, in another few decades perhaps) would be a blessing in disguise.. no more hot weather ;).

9:42 am  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

Probably not.

Most people in this country think that global warming means it's going to get warmer in Britain .. err, wrong!

We'll end up with the same weather as countries on the same latitude as us, like Canada!

I like the cold, but just not that cold...

3:39 pm  
Blogger DJ said...

Could this be internet Karma having a backhander at you for having a slight dig at my lack of ability to throw a flu back in March?? Nah I didnt think so either, but it was worth the somewhat dodgy link.

3:59 pm  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

Nice to see that you're back with us.

"Could this be internet Karma having a backhander at you for having a slight dig at my lack of ability to throw a flu back in March?"

There's a chance, but only a small one...

5:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home