Thursday, June 02, 2005

Like I've got nothin' else better to do!


Please be aware this isn't for the want of more enlightening content.

On the contrary, one of our less reputable but no less entertaining number has took it upon herself to nominate me for some meme madness.


So, without further ado...

1. Total volume of music files on PC

A little over 12 gigabytes of pure sonic bliss all wrapped up in the loving arms of iTunes on my G5.

Which equates to 18 genres, 221 artists, 366 albums (bare in mind that iTunes doesn’t distinguish between albums and singles) all of which amounts to 2,667 songs, which if played continuously would take 8.7 days to complete.

So there!

2. Last CD purchased

Actually, I've just bought an album this last couple of hours through iTunes Music Store.

The album is / was Last September by Deepest Blue .. beautiful, melodic, soothing and just all round chilled.

3. Song playing right now

Another Chance [Afterlife Mix] by Roger Sanchez

Soon to be followed by Blackhole by Beck from the album, Mellow Gold.

4. Five songs I listen to a lot or mean a lot to me

Five songs is just not nearly enough.

You're Not Alone by Olive from the album, Extra Virgin.

Poseidon - Supertransonic (Jody Way Out West Mix) from the compilation album, 21st Century Deep Trance.

Papua New Guinea (12 Inch Original) by The Future Sound Of London from the album, Papua New Guinea Translations.

Creep by Radiohead from the album, Pablo Honey.

Very Yeah by Corduroy from the album, High Havoc.

5. Do you have long hair?

No.

Did have, but not now.

Now, according to the rules, I have to nominate three people, but I say bollocks to that idea.

If you're up for it, pick up where I left off...

11 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

Aww c'mon thats not the spirit. At least you get the "in your pants" email a day or so back and then get over 150 replies in the next 36 hours like I did
(Dont know? Its basically a mindless email where you add 5 titles of your favourite songs to the bottom of the list and add the words "in your pants" at the end then send to 5 people you know...)

11:54 pm  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Ah yes, Radiohead (in your pants) is a great selection as is Beck (in your pants)... although he dances kind of silly so it may be a bit awkward... =) What do you think of the new Beck? Well, without it being in your pants.

12:41 am  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

Look, call me a stick in the mud, but I just don't do stuff like this.

People know not to email me these infernal chain letters and memes because I have no time for stuff like that.

So all this talk of getting in your pants is just gobbledygook to me.

"What do you think of the new Beck?"

I love the new album. Especially E-pro, Missing and Black Tambourine...

8:21 am  
Blogger zuzula said...

Well in that case I'm glad you made an exception for me - loved your answers :)

10:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gonna say that ...

11:44 am  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

I've updated the article with some out & out nerd statistics.

Actually, one of the statistics is entirely required; the number of songs in said collection.

The amount of music is terms of storage consumed is pretty meaningless given the vagaries of sound file compression formats 'n' stuff...

12:21 pm  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

Hey! Don't you start!

I've just come back from town where I've had to waste all feckin' morning hunting down the lesser-spotted photo-booth for a clutch of passport photographs, last seen in Boots, then sighted in the upstairs market and finally tracked down in the Post Office .. I've got tons of work to do, so don't start, Zu!

OK .. I'm breathing deeply .. keep calm, keep calm you fool...

12:59 pm  
Blogger zuzula said...

watch that blood pressure - can't be too careful at your age ;)

5:15 pm  
Blogger zuzula said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:15 pm  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Actually, I managed to listed to EPro today (which I loved from the first time I heard it), I'm really considering getting this CD. Thanks for the opinion.

2:51 am  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

And I think I'm going to come over and listed to your music while you are at work or something. Very interested as to what all of those songs are.

2:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home